1. What is the scope of this document?
2. Which types of personal data does Fenix collect about me?
Fenix collects personal data from you in two ways and processes such personal data:
We collect and process all personal data that you choose to communicate to us when you register to use our services, such as:
(1) your name;
(2) your mobile number;
(3) your email address;
(4) your birth date; and
(5) your registration / login data, along with any other personal data which you communicate to us by other means from time to time.
We also collect and process certain types of information automatically, whenever you interact with us, in order to allow you to use our services in accordance with the agreement between us (for example, tracking the location of your mobile device to validate your right to rent a vehicle and processing the data created when you start or end a ride).
We collect and process data for the purposes of improving your experience on our Website and/or App. When you visit our Website and/or App, cookies may be installed on your browser software to obtain certain personal data when your web browser accesses our Website and/or App. We will also obtain certain usage data as other content served by and on behalf of Fenix on other websites. Most browsers allow you to change settings to disable or enable cookies.
Those usage data that we collect are the following:
(1) the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet;
(2) the location of your computer or mobile device during the use of our Website or App;
(3) language settings;
(4) time zone;
(5) interface controls;
(6) system information; and
(7) version used.
3. For what purposes will Fenix collect and process my personal data?
We collect and process personal data when it is necessary for operating, providing or improving our services offered to our users. In particular, we collect and process personal data in order to:
Our grounds for performing this processing are one or more of the following:
- it is necessary to ensure the performance of the contract between you and us;
- it is in Fenix’s legitimate interests;
- you have consented to the processing.
We also process your personal data for marketing purposes which may include sending newsletters, marketing emails or SMS, push notifications to inform you about our services, to ask for feedback about our services or inform you of new services or features we are offering.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time and we will communicate to you how you can do this.
4. Who are the recipients of the personal data collected about me? Does Fenix share those data with third parties?
We will comply with any mandatory legal requests for your personal data that we receive from competent authorities.
We do share data with third parties (such as regulators, real estate partners, technology partners etc.) relating to the use of our services, including use of our Website and App, however this data is aggregated and cannot be used to identify any person.
5. How long does Fenix keep personal data?
We will keep the personal data necessary for the management of your account for as long as you maintain an account with us and for a reasonable period thereafter in order for us to be able to manage any requests or issues which may arise after your account has been closed.
We will keep the remaining personal data that we hold for marketing and other purposes for a reasonable period and, as noted above, you will always be able to tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications and we will comply with your wishes.
If we need to keep personal data for longer periods in relation to the exercise or defence of legal proceedings or in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations then we may do so.
If we anonymise your personal data so that you can no longer be identified by reference to it, we may keep it indefinitely.
6. Are my personal data safe with Fenix?
Your personal data are stored securely. Fenix uses physical, administrative and software-based security safeguards to provide reasonable protection for your personal data. Personal data are not stored on paper. All electronic copies are encrypted and protected by firewall and information access authorisation controls.
7. Who is responsible for processing personal data?
The responsible party is FENIX TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED.